On November 1st, 2019, seven leaders will be honored with the National Guild for Community Art Education’s Milestone Certificate of Appreciation for their long-standing, exceptional service to the field. The Milestone program recognizes leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to supporting and advancing community arts education for more than 20 years.
Certificates will be presented during the Guild's Annual Meeting at the Conference for Community Arts Education (Austin, TX). This year’s recipients are:
- Dava Cansler, Founder & Executive Director, Foluké Cultural Arts Center, OH
- Joyce Drayton, Founder & Executive Director, The Georgia E. Gregory Interdenominational School of Music (GEGISOM), PA
- Jon Hinojosa, Artistic & Executive Director, SAY Sí, TX
- Matthew Hinsley, Executive Director, Austin Classical Guitar, TX
- SoYoung Lee, Executive Director, Rocky Ridge Music Center, CO
- Davin Pierson Torre, Director, Flint School of Performing Arts, MI
- Sonja Zeithamel, Director, Preucil School of Music, IA
Click here for bios.
“The Guild is proud to honor this year’s Milestone Awardees,” said Jonathan Herman, CEO of the National Guild for Community Arts Education. “They have demonstrated dedication to ensuring their communities reach their creative potential, and their contributions have helped to advance the field of arts education substantially. We are proud to count them and their organizations among the Guild’s members.”
Nominations for the Milestone Certificate of Appreciation are accepted year-round. Nominees must be executive directors or divisional directors of Guild member organizations to be eligible. Click here for more information on National Guild awards.
Published: October 02, 2019