About Our Organization
Founded in 1944, Hoff-Barthelson Music School is one of the country’s premier community music schools with a national reputation for unsurpassed excellence. The School serves more than 750 students from 50 Westchester municipalities on site and another 250 at partner organizations including Head Start Centers, healthcare facilities, and social service agencies. The 75-member faculty comprises many of the region’s most distinguished educators.
Hoff-Barthelson offers comprehensive individual instruction in both classical music and jazz; a sequential musicianship curriculum encompassing music theory, ear training, composition, music history, and music technology; four orchestras, three choirs, and over 40 chamber ensembles; master classes by world renowned artists; scores of workshops, recitals and concerts; a robust Suzuki program; early childhood instruction; outreach programs; and a five-week summer music, art and theater program.
The Student Services Coordinator (SSC) facilitates student learning and achievement by coordinating key aspects of many of the School’s core programs: performance workshops, auditions, juries, and recitals. S/he ensures students derive maximum benefit from their studies by facilitating access to advisement by deans, regular progress reports, make-up lessons, music, and musical supplies. The SSC plays a key role in ensuring the success of our students and the School.
- Coordinate student performance workshops and recitals; auditions for Music Festivals, the Honors Program, Chamber Music, etc.; adjudicated Honors recitals; and Graduation Recitals.
- Produce concert programs for student recitals, faculty concerts, masterclasses, and other events.
- Coordinate make-up lessons, and ensure messages regarding student or faculty cancellations are transmitted and received in a timely manner
- Coordinate the processing of Student Progress Reports and ensure reports are forwarded to parents in a timely manner.
- Field questions regarding school events, audition policies, recitals and workshops scheduling, and workshop scheduling from parents, students and faculty.
- Support the successful management of the Music Library (HB’s in-house music “store’), maintaining inventory and processing special orders throughout the year
- Schedule parent consultations with Dean and Associate Dean.
- Schedule annual faculty one-on-one meetings with Dean and Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years of experience preferred. Ability to produce work with high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment. Significant knowledge of classical and jazz repertoire. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent organizational, administrative, problem solving, communications, and customer service skills. Familiarity with student registration and scheduling systems a plus.
Physical Demands: Infrequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; frequently working at a keyboard for up to 4 hours at a time.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Student Services Coordinator as the subject line.
Equal Employment and Educational Opportunity
Hoff-Barthelson Music School is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution. It is the School's policy that all employment and educational opportunities be decided based on merit, qualifications, and competence, and that all employment and educational decisions be made without regard to applicants', employees', and students' race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy governs all areas of employment, including, for example, hiring, promotion, assignment, compensation and dismissal, and all areas of the School's educational programs.