About Our Organization
With a dual emphasis on arts education and performance, the Center serves as a resource for students, artists and audiences through its three divisions: the Lucy Moses School, a community school for the arts which offers instruction in music, dance and theater to children and adults ages 2 and up; Merkin Concert Hall, an acoustically-renowned performance space known for its innovative programming schedule; and the Special Music School (P.S. 859), a unique public school.
The Kaufman Music Center––a multi-arts center located in Manhattan’s Upper West Side––seeks a full-time Registrar/Administrative Associate for the Lucy Moses School.
The Registrar/ Administrative Associate reports to the LMS Director and primary responsibilities include:
- Processing telephone and walk up registrations
- Processing adjustments and informing teachers of program changes
- Registration data entry
- Assisting with payroll preparation and follow up
- Reporting the status of class enrollments; assisting in follow up with cancellations or waiting lists
- Preparation of class lists for teachers; communicating with faculty about changes in class and lesson enrollment for billing and payroll purposes
- Clerical support as needed
- Assisting with recital preparation and record keeping
- Assisting with arrangements for weekly and/or special events
- Administrative support for LMS Director
Responsibilities shared with Lucy Moses School team:
- Market programs to parents and prospective adult students
- Respond to customer service needs and/or complaints
- Contact teachers regarding student absences
- Contact students regarding schedule changes and faculty absences
- Work with Marketing and Communications Department on school related projects
Qualifications for the position: The ideal candidate is organized, methodical and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to work under pressure, multi task, have outstanding telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills. Strong music background required. Experience in an arts/education environment preferred. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are very important. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, internet and working with databases
Compensation: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Hours: Full time, Sunday thru Thursday.
How to Apply
Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Registrar/Administrative Associate. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.