About Our Organization
Founded in 2011, INTEMPO is a Stamford, CT-based non-profit arts education and youth-development organization whose mission is to make music education relevant, accessible, and inclusive through the use of classical and cross-cultural instruments and repertoire. INTEMPO aims to close the opportunity gap for low income youth and create a more inclusive community though the arts and youth leadership.
Passionate about Youth Development and the Arts?
Want to make music and cultures relevant, accessible, and inclusive?
Apply to become a candidate for the Fundraising and Development Associate at an award-winning Stamford-based organization!
The Fundraising and Development Associate will work collaboratively with the executive director and grants manager to create and implement fundraising and development strategies to support current growth, and to position INTEMPO for continued and increased growth and scalability. They will assist in expanding the organization’s fundraising capacity, raising its visibility, and positioning it as a leader among music education and youth development groups serving low income children of Fairfield County.
Main responsibilities of the position include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to create and implement annual fundraising strategy and plan for achieving fundraising goals
- Perform regular correspondence and outreach to current and prospective donors, including corporate, individual, and foundation donors. Research potential new funding sources, develop relationships, and create new funding streams, including major gifts
- Lead design and implementation of annual appeal, summer program appeal, and crowd-funding campaigns
- Develop and manage INTEMPO’s donor database, including tracking contributions, correspondence and history
- Assist with planning and implementing high-profile events featuring key donors and stakeholders
- Work with grants manager to help sustain current grants and seek out new grants by assisting with grant preparation, review, management and/or oversight of grant proposals, submissions and reporting
- Perform ongoing management, reporting, and stewardship of existing donors
- Other responsibilities as needed
Successful candidates will possess the following basic qualities/requirements:
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Commitment to INTEMPO’s mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, and to providing exemplary service to our clients
- Professional demeanor and ability to speak with a variety of individuals including community members and families, high-level donors, and public officials
- 2 to 3 years of experience in fundraising and/or development (or college experience equivalent)
- Computer, internet and social media literacy, and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to travel to community sites throughout Fairfield County
- Bachelor’s degree
- Writing powerful stories with clear calls to action that motivate people to
- contribute using an organizational voice guide (which you can also influence)
- Defining meaningful metrics for one’s work and holding oneself and colleagues accountable for meeting goals
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work with a high degree of independence
- Comfort asking questions, and receiving feedback
- Experience with social media analytics, Google analytics, and other data tools
Salary Range: Exempt; $50,000 - $55,000 per year (commensurate with experience and needs of the position)
Reports to: Executive Director
How to Apply
Write “2019 Fundraising and Development Associate” in the subject line and email a resume and cover letter detailing your availability and interest to email@example.com. Resumes accepted immediately until March 30th, 2019.
INTEMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.