About Our Organization
SAY Sí ignites the creative power of young people as forces of positive change. We value artists, empower marginalized communities and advance culture. SAY Sí defines marginalized communities as people of color, women, LGBT+, and the economically disadvantaged. Learn more at http://www.saysi.org/.
The Development Director is an integral part of the SAY Sí leadership team. Director will be responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive, strategic development and donor marketing plans. Director will lead development, cultivate lasting donor relationships, manage grants, and support events.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for donor cultivation, retention, and stewardship
- Support marketing and communications strategies, including online and print materials
- Execute grant strategy, proposals, and reports for government, corporate, private and individual funders
- Oversee funding campaigns, fundraisers and other fundraising initiatives
- Maintain donor database and establish a strategy for tracking metrics
Additional Key Responsibilities
Mission Advancement - Reinforce SAY Sí’s values within the organization and to the community; effectively communicate benefits and impact of SAY Sí’s efforts to all stakeholders; secure resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration - Build and nurture strategic relationships to enhance support for SAY Sí; serve as a community leader in building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance our mission; communicate with influence to attain buy-in and support of goals; Provide tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness - Strategically integrate development processes; involve team and community in the development of initiatives, clear accountability and ensure continuous improvement.
Personal Growth - Foster a learning environment embracing diverse abilities; create a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change; anticipate challenges that can derail growth and personal learning.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferred Development or Marketing degrees
- 4 years of experience in nonprofit development, 2 years in a leadership role
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, as well as effective listening skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or other donor databases
- Understand operational and project budget development
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office, Google Docs and web-related navigation.
- Accounting and/or business background helpful.
- CFRE preferred
- Strong personal integrity
- Demonstrated strategic thinker
- A tireless advocate for the mission
- Strong networking ability
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience & qualifications
Annual Organizational Budget: $1M
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to Nicole Amri, Program Director at Nicole@saysi.org.
Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.