About Our Organization
Founded in 1942, Rocky Ridge Music Center provides transformative music education at both our historic summer campus in Estes Park, CO and our year-round Music Academy in North Boulder and Northwest Denver. Now in its 77th season, RRMC’s summer residential programs for youth, college students, and adults range from 4 days to 4 weeks at our 17-acre site located just steps from Rocky Mountain National Park. The Center's multi-faceted programs, from classical to American roots music, give students of all ages and levels a variety of opportunities to work with exceptional artists, teachers, and colleagues from around the world. RRMC encourages participants to engage in lifelong music-making and to build creative communities where they live and work.
Rocky Ridge Music Center seeks an Associate Director who shares the Center’s commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community of musicians and music-lovers to form a creative hub in Colorado, as well as to stretch beyond our region to discover new talents, incite collaborations, and shape the future of music.
The Associate Director works closely with the Executive Director to advance the strategic goals of the Center. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: develop innovative and responsive programs with a focus on the growth of the Music Academy in Denver and Boulder, manage enrollment and student services for year-round and summer programs, recruit and mobilize volunteers, create and implement marketing initiatives and provide fundraising support, hire and manage seasonal summer staff. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000 (commensurate with experience)
Additional Benefits: Room and board from mid-May to mid-September, professional development opportunities
Time Commitment: This is a full-time, year-round exempt position
Location: Denver, CO (mid-September to mid-May), and Estes Park, CO (onsite residency required from mid-May to mid-September)
Reports to: Executive Director
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in music, music education, arts administration, or related field. Master's degree preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to balance competing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful record of creating and/or growing community-centered music education programs
- Recruitment and/or enrollment management experience
- Ability to manage and optimize marketing processes through web, email, content, and social media
- Financial literacy
- Interest in and ability to adapt to latest technology to accomplish organizational goals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, QuickBooks Online, Square, Embark Application Software, Constant Contact, and donor management software a plus
- Previous concert or event management/promotion experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three references to SoYoung Lee, Executive Director, at SoYoung@RockyRidge.org.
Rocky Ridge Music Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.