About Our Organization
Bloomingdale School of Music is a nonprofit community music school located on Manhattan's Upper West Side and serving over 650 students from all over greater New York City. The school has an extraordinary faculty, an innovative program, and a fifty-year record of providing access to high quality music instruction in private lessons, classes, and school partnerships. Bloomingdale is at an exciting time in its history, focused on strengthening the program within the school and proactively building relationships and connections in the community we serve. The school is housed in a five-story brownstone at 323 West 108th Street, between Broadway and Riverside Drive. The facility has 14 teaching studios, a recital hall, and offices. More information may be found at the school's website www.bsmny.org.
The Registration Office staff are the school’s primary representatives to the general public and to current and prospective students and parents. The Assistant Registrar reports to the Registration Manager and assists the rest of the registration team to ensure smooth registration processes for all students, build community and nurture relationships, promote BSM programs, and implement strategic directives. The Assistant Registrar has a significant role in daily operations of the school, promoting a positive environment, and supporting BSM’s programs. All members of the registration staff have opportunities for special projects relating to other aspects of organizational management including development, marketing, social media, and program/concert work.
- Provide personalized attention and exemplary customer service interacting with students, families, faculty, and all organizational stakeholders.
- Register and schedule students
- Answer phone and in-person inquiries; general office duties
- Address faculty and student concerns
- Coordinate student recitals and scheduling of practice rooms
- Receive payments and process billing
- Close and open the school
- Assist with enrollment reporting and other special projects as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- BA or BM in relevant field including arts administration, hospitality, education, or music.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including accounting and database programs, and familiarity with Google suite
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of and comfort in discussing music education
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “Assistant Registrar” in the subject line.
Bloomingdale School of Music is an EOE/educational institution and is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion. BSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This is a part time hourly position that includes regular weekend and evening hours. The pay rate is $15/hour; the position is not eligible for benefits. Candidates must be available both Saturday and Sunday to be considered.